Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Daily Soaps..they wash away the grey cells.:)

Dil Mil Gaye...
Mile Jab Hum Tum...
Baalika Vadhu...
Utaran...
Radha Ki Betiyan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi...
Ruby...
Jaane Kya Baat Hui...

Wondering what are these...well...they are some of the hindi serials that are telecasted on TV. And they do guarantee complete drainage of one's thinking capabilities. Atleast I have started feeling the effect(courtesy: my room mates, they have to follow all of these:)). If somebody wants to observe the levels of dumbness and lack of creativity, please consider these serials as the sample. I just wonder that what is the role of a script writer or director here and just forget about the actors, their genre is entirely different...stone faced could be the word for them. You can scare the hell out of them to act but they just cant change the undecipherable expression on their face. Coming back to the directors role, he merely acts as somebody who takes inspiration from all Bollywood movies and include all the "masala" in the serials. They have got a perfect mix of romance, comedy, action, drama, thrill, item numbers as well...its just that a story is missing. I guess I am sounding like those disappointed movie critics but trust me am seriously and dangerously disappointed. They talk about preserving Indian culture...but seldom do they realize that they are contributing to make our society all the more regressive. And I can say so with surety coz of the increasing TRPs and the prime slots that are alloted to them.

The only thing that seems interesting here is the amount of money involved. People are churning money without using the most basic ingredient....BRAIN!
I just got an idea..the "Eureka" moment...b-schools should have TRP management as a specialization. Any takers for this business plan..???

2 comments:

Sin said...

sarcasm is ur forte... i like it...

Shveta said...

yeah...i am just wondering that I sd quit my job n try script writing ;)

Thanks Srinu for reading my attemt and appreciating it..