Monday, February 9, 2009

Bhishum Bhishum..

I was wondering what do I like most about "Bollywood movies"...the melodrama, the item numbers, the story less but full of masala movies, the glamor, Arjun Rampal, larger than life movies etc etc. And after thinking a lot, I realised that the best thing about a bollywood movie is "bhishum bhisum". Am not talking about the action sequences here, its the sound of punches, its just awesome. This sound makes the sequence so much fun and dramatic to watch and man you can count the number of punches hit (try counting the punches in English movies...its not that easy). So now that I have started imagining the fight scenes, the next dramatic piece is blood spurting out of hero's mouth. I don't know if anybody has noticed it but the blood never comes out of the Bad Man's mouth in same quantities as the Hero (budget constraints I guess..;)).
But don't you think this sound is what makes the sequence more interesting. Its like giving voice to emotions or like personifying the thoughts. Perhaps that's the same reason why people enjoy watching reality programs. Well that's my food for thought for today. I will keep on posting some more deadly and irrelevant ideas as ans when they come to my mind. Till then keep thinking..!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are becoming more dangrous day by day :)

Anonymous said...

i beg to differ sandeep..
she's just becoming more and more natural ;)