Wednesday, November 26, 2008

10 reasons why I am thinking of marriage...!!!

1. My parents want me to.

2. I can never get a month's leave even if I am paralysed...marriage will give me access to the really needed long vacation.

3. I donot want to spend money on rent and grocery shopping. Let the guy pay all the bills and I would enjoy my hard earned money.

4. I really need somebody to give me expensive gifts.

5. I want to threaten my boss that I will quit if he asks me to work. (Marriage will give me a backup) ;)

6. Peer pressure I : All my friends are getting married.

7. Peer presssure II : My room mates are also getting married slowly. Staying alone becomes very expensive and unmanageable.

8. I love shopping. Like all other members of the female species, I also love shopping. This pious step would give me a reason to shop practically unlimited stuff.

9. I really want to know how the makeup would look on me.

10. Last but not the least, A companion for life is not a bad idea after all..!!!

P.S. : The reasons mentioned here are in chronological order of preference and importance.

4 comments:

Shveta said...

well Rahul, thanks for offering help. But I am not at all confused. I know where I am heading...clean and clear..!!!

Anonymous said...

Well it may sound a bit melodramatic but your post reminds of a quote I read somewhere
" Don't marry someone cause u can live with them marry someone if u can't live without them "

In short I didn't see one valid reason in the above list for u to get married. What u should ask is do u want to spend your entire life with a man, do u want to be responsible and committed. Do you feel like may be raising a family. Most importantly r u ready to give up your freedom ? A thousand questions and more can be raised. but I guess u get the point.

Personally I feel when reason no 10 replaces reason 1 , you are ready. Until then enjoy yourself. ;)

Shveta said...

You are right Ojasvi, the purpose of the post was to present a lighter side to the most important step in anybdy's life. Otherwise, I am completely with you on the psychology behind marriage.

Mysticminds said...

wow...out f those 10 reasons surely that shopping thing bips had too...n the Husband always had to Buy....POOR GUYS :(