Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am not a spendthrift....But I don't know where my salary goes...!!!

No pun intended. The question is really serious. I have made so many efforts to be calculative in my spending and saving money for the worst (well, the worst is NOW coz the banking industry is going through a turmoil), but all in vain. And people I am really NOT a spendthrift...!!! This fact hit me yesterday when someone told me that I need not be dependent on my salary as I would have saved enough after the 2.5 yrs of hard work (wat..i did put lot of hard work..).

My fixed expenses are 1/3rd of my salary, which I keep aside in the beginning of the month...I don't drink, don't smoke, don't have a great liking for jewelery or expensive clothes, a part of my mobile bill is paid by the company...but still the bank account shows dismal numbers. I really wanted to put down the cost sheet here but decided against it for understandable reasons. I am gonna do this exercise again this time. I am going to account every expense I make so that I can atleast be aware of my outflows. Every single penny needs to be accounted..!!!
GOD, please give me strength to manage my finances...AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the community :)