Sunday, November 16, 2008

On Confounding Contradictions...

Often people tell me that I have got a very contradictory personality. I am super extrovert at one end and amazingly conservative on the other. I am always accessible most of times and completely out of reach at some other times. Well, if you call these confounding contradictions in my personality, then yes...I agree!!! But after a series of introspection sessions, I realized that these contradictions are not so loud and damaging. In fact, this is what I am composed of, this is what I am so proud of myself...this is ME..!!! This is my secret to happiness.
I can be a complete party person, be the life of a party if required and at the same time, I can be a person who needs to be home, take care of thousands of small and big things forgetting the material joys of life.
I can intimidate the opposite sex to an extent that , he feels disparaged but can be so understanding, loving and submissive that he might think that I have got all the powers of compromise of the world.
I can be somebody who epitomizes feminism and surely enter the so called "only for men" arena with perfection that nobody can ever feel I don't belong there.
....
...
...
Wanted to continue writing with this list but first review of the post says that this is enough..I should not talk about I, ME, MYSELF to such an extent that people start predicting me or stop reading my blog ;). But being myself and being the way I have described here always keeps me at ease. I can survive with minimum expectations and still enjoy the life at its fullest. I strongly feel that people get bored of themselves or things around them if they live in a bullet point version, people who think they know what they want and how they want to do it. After sometime it tends to become so mechanical that it no more sounds like a LIFE. I do agree that clarity in thoughts and ambitions is required, but the more important question is that how do you "tag" a thought or an individual and for how long can you hold it. Being "contradictory" exposes me to all the aspects and I feel sorted. A 3D movie is always more appreciated than the single dimension pictures..!!!

This all sounds dangerously philosophical..but then its my blog and would write anything I feel about..:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I looked someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naive. I as looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I could answer. It took me a while and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: That I am nobody but myself!

Shveta said...

absolutely true pahwa...!!!